Sunday, February 8, 2009

Italian Night!

Mark and I hosted this month's dinner party and it was a roaring success!

Mark provided the Italian beer, Peroni and Morello.

I made a ziti with homemade ricotta and sauce. The fresh cheese gave it such a light and clean taste. I was really happy with it!
100_3545

I also made a mushroom and pea risotto, which was phenomenal!
100_3546

Chris made pizza bread, it was a stuffed bread with meat and mushrooms. The mushroom one was great- I ate about 3 pieces!
100_3547

Katie outdid herself again with homemade gnocchi. She hand rolled the gnocchi and cooked them up. They were amazing!
100_3548

Jessica made a delicious salad, recipe complements of Giada! She also made a delicious ricotta cheese dish that was in the oven when I was taking pictures and I totally forgot to take a picture of it!!!!!!!!!!!
100_3549

Matt and Kelly made meatballs with marinara. They also made the garlic cheese bread!
100_3550
100_3552

Aubrey made a delicious Italian wedding cake- it was AMAZING!
100_3553

Ben made an amazing panna cotta with a homemade raspberry topping... All I can say is YUM!
100_3556

It was a success. We finished off a couple bottles of wine and a ton of beer.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Umm...I'm jealous... How do I get in on this kinda goodness???

Mike said...

Man, no one here ever wants to do something like that... I would totally be down. Everything looked soo good! Props on the homemade Ricotta, and Rizzoto is really hard to get right also.

Let me know the next time it's happening, I make a mean Tiramisu!!!

Unknown said...

Are you gonna fly out for our next group meal? I do believe its March 22nd!

Mike said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike said...

I wish! But Lisa's birthday is the 21st, so I am working on other things for that timeperiod.

But you guys can come out here for Mexican night is CA... I think it will be around April 20th!