Friday, February 20, 2009

My Birthday!

Last Sunday Rachel threw me the best birthday party ever! A couple weeks ago she came up with the idea to invite some friends over to play some music, and though it sounded like fun, I wasn't sure we would be able to get everybody together to make it work. She worked really hard on it and made it happen! I've been dying to play music again, but with school and life I haven't really had the time, so this was especially cool for me. I think we ended up with around 30 people total, though not everyone was a musician. We had 3-4 guitars players, 2 bass players, a fiddle player, a dobro player, a mandolin player and 3 drummers. Quite a collection! Rachel made some homemade pizzas with dough from Whole Foods that were incredible. I wouldn't hesitate to say they were the hit of the day. After everyone ate and had some beers, we got to rockin'! It's hard to figure out what to play when you get such a diverse group of people together, so we took turns introducing songs and everyone seemed to enjoy it. The songs ranged from a couple old Hank Williams songs to "Hey Joe" (the Hendrix version, of course) to "That's All Right Mama" by Elvis... I think our friend Tony even pulled out a zydeco tune. Overall, I think everyone had a great time and we had people asking when we were going to do it again! I definitely will not wait until my next birthday to do it again!

Mitchell singing Hank Williams, Nate playing the dobro and Chris on the drums
House band

Matt and I having a good time
Matt and Mark

Master of the E chord
Rock n Roll

Beans the party dog! (He was great with all the people at our house!)
Party dog
Farris, Anne, Ben and Dustin hanging out in the kitchen
Party in the kitchen

Beans and his new best friend, Farris
Beans and his boyfriend

No comments: