A blog I read daily was recently criticized for celebrating small things, rather than focusing only on large. I was a little struck by the negativity, and started thinking about small things that make me happy. Today, the blogger posted a list of 10 things that make her happy and urged us to do the same:
1. Spring time flowers
2. Farms, farmers and buying local
3. The way the dogs smell when they have been outside playing
4. Museums with fine art that I recognize.
5. Seeing something amazing for the first time.
6. When things are chaotic around us, and we take the time just to hug each other.
7. Running through a finish line at a race!
8. Planting my annuals in the front yard, as all my beautiful plants start to bud.
9. Cooking with Mark in the kitchen with me. He usually stands there and says "what do you need" but I love it, and it makes me happy.
10. Travel- even if its just a short drive to another state... I love seeing new things, and experiencing time on the road with my husband.