Monday, May 10, 2010

Three weeks went by quickly!

DSC00502

I cannot believe little E is already 3 weeks old. It went really fast. We're tired and still getting used to this whole "being parents" thing. We're getting more comfortable going out but we still have to time it right so she sleeps the entire time.

We're ordering a bulk order of her cloth diapers soon so we can start doing it full time. Since we were unable to use the diaper service, we're depending on the cloth diapers we have already to sustain us until we're able to afford an order. They're expensive, but the good thing is that we can buy them once and never again... One size fits all BumGenius 3.0 diapers seem to fit her well, so we're going to order 24 and call it a day. They're adorable on too :)

DSC00519

Eliza had her first pediatrician appt and she had gained over a pound. They weighed her in at 8 lbs 6 oz. She varies in weight because I weighed her at a breastfeeding support group meeting and she was 8 lbs. 3oz. So either way, she has gained a ton! She is looking bigger to me each day. Obviously she is doing really well with her feeding. I just feed her whenever she shows signs of being hungry. Seems to work for both of us.

The dogs still adore her and Slappy has really taken to being a big sister dog. We weren't at all concerned about Slappy. She has a very maternal instinct.

DSC00528

Eliza took her first bottle and I felt entirely useless. I was a little sad, but its good that she is able to take a bottle. It will make it a lot easier for me to go back to work knowing that she is comfortable. She is still drinking mom's milk so its not like she is losing any of the nutrition!

DSC00522

Grandma and Grandpa Hanses we're in town to visit with Eliza this weekend. For some reason all of the pictures taken are on grandpa's camera, so we'll update this when we have some. Everyone had a nice weekend even though it was cold in KC! Auntie Rachelle will be here this weekend.

We're officially tired beyond belief. I can barely get myself out of bed on a good day, and the thought of going back to work this tired is daunting. At least I have an amazingly good baby.

Mark passed his part 2 & 3 boards and takes part 4 this weekend. Once that is all over, he coasts until graduation in August. I have one more paper to turn in and I will be done with my MLS degree. I am ready for our lives to start and this transition period to be over!

More pics are posted on Flickr if you're interested.

No comments: