Friday, January 9, 2009

Back to school!!!

Mark started school this week. He finished his last semester on the Dean’s List (his first time in the D.C. program) with a 3.7 gpa. He is officially half way done with his program. It seems like it’s going to take forever, but he will be a doctor in 1 year and about 8 months. It’s amazing really. We’re starting to think about where we want to go, what he wants to do (associate or open his own practice) and how things are going to work. I need to start getting my name out there as a viable option for law libraries in CA. I am going to attempt to attend the 2009 American Association of Law Librarians (AALL) annual meeting so I can start to talk to people and network.
I start my 2nd semester of graduate school this weekend. I have orientation all day Saturday, and my classes start officially next Friday. I have 8 units finished (and I got all A’s!) and it’s a 39 unit program. I’m chipping away at it, slowly- I’m enrolled in 9 units this semester which leaves me with 17 finished after this year. I’m still unsure if I want to take summer school or not yet- but I probably should so I can get this degree finished. I may take 1 or 2 classes just to do something. I will need to take at least 4 units to make sure I can graduate next spring. I’m not entirely sure I want to graduate in spring b/c if I graduate then my loans come due about the time that Mark graduates. That will be the time when Mark and I are starting his practice and we don’t need the $1300 payments coming up so quickly. I may just take this summer off and go to school next summer!

No comments: