Monday, May 4, 2009

Why Kansas City rules...


Kansas City Union Station
Originally uploaded by Wiggum03
This is going to be my new project- a series of blog entries about why Kansas City is better than almost every other city in the country! I am biased, being that I have only lived in two cities as an adult (Santa Cruz and KC) but I have visited a lot of places and I have to say, Kansas City rules!

Reason 1: Proximity

Kansas City is close to everything in the middle of the country.

The 3-4 hour locales:
Oklahoma City
Des Moines
Omaha
Lincoln
St. Louis
Branson (HECK YEAH!)
Tulsa
Wichita


The 8 hour locales:
Dallas
Chicago
Denver
Minneapolis (only 6.5)
Memphis
Louisville
Indianapolis
Little Rock
Cincinnati (its 9 technically)
Nashville
Milwaukee

The 12 hour locales:
Detroit and E.Lansing, MI
Austin
Houston
Rapid City, SD (I want to go here to see Mt. Rushmore, its only 10 hours away!)

I'm sure I forgot a ton of other great places. Mark and I plan to make the most of living here, and see as much of middle America as we can. Now that we're going to own a Honda Civic that gets about 38 mpg, we can afford cheap road trips to just about any area for the cost of a tank of gas!

How cool is KC?

No comments: