Mark was able to chisel off all of the nasty layers of vinyl tile that was glued to the flooring. We were grossed out at the lovely glue that was left on the floor. It is stinky and gross, and probably full of asbestos. We kept it wet and he wore a mask, but how gross!
This weekend, while I am in class, Mark is going to attempt to get the rest of the floor glue up. The water idea didnt work so well so he may need to use mineral spirits which cause birth defects. So we're going to put up plastic, get him a mask and keep me out of the house as long as possible. Here is to renovating!